Stuffed toys collect plenty of dust and germs while they are being carried everywhere by your kids. These toys could hence be a source of infection and allergies for your child. Here are some tips on how to sanitize your kid’s stuffed toys!!
For Machine-Washable Toys
- Wash your child’s stuffed toys in hot water every other week
- You can place them in a pillowcase or lingerie bag during the wash cycle.
- Dry the toy in dryer on high heat for at least 45 minutes.
- Hot water and heat drying should effectively eliminate any dust mites and germs
For Toys That Can’t Go in the Washing Machine
- Surface clean toys by using a mild detergent and warm water
- Thoroughly scrub the exterior of the stuffed toy.
- Clean the toy thoroughly with plain water to make sure all detergent is washed off.
- Let them dry in the sun.
- Now, zip the stuffed animals in a plastic freezer bag. Store them in the freezer for at least 72 hours.
- Make sure you work on one stuffed toy at a time so your child doesn’t feel lonely.
Keeping Them Clean
- Use dust mite impermeable covers for child’s mattresses and pillows.
- Don’t use hand-sanitizer gel to clean stuffed toys.
- Before buying a stuffed toy for your child, make sure you check the washing instructions. An easy cleaning method can save time and effort in future.
- Cleaning and wiping down the toys daily.
- Vacuum all the stuffed animals while you are vacuuming the floor. This will suction the dust mites.